How We Protect Personal Information
We enforce commercially reasonable security measures online to protect against the loss, misuse, disclosure, or alteration of personal information provided to us. While we strive to safeguard your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us.
If you receive an e‐mail that looks like it is from us asking you for your personal information, do not respond. We will never request your password, username, credit card information, or other personal information through e‐mail.
Additionally, we have taken measures to make shopping on the Website a safe and enjoyable experience for our valued customers. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology, the industry standard for secure online transactions, to encrypt your personal credit information, including your credit card number before it travels over the Internet.
Information We Collect.
We collect personal information about you in various ways, such as when you provide it, on our Websites or affiliated websites, through our apps and social media channels, at our events, through your participation in surveys, via text messages or on the telephone. The types of personal information we or our partners may collect include:
• contact information (such as name, postal address, email address, and mobile or other telephone number);
• username and password if you have registered an account with us;
• payment information (such as your payment card number, expiration date, authorization number or security code, delivery address, and billing address);
• purchase, return, wish list and transaction information;
• customer service information (such as customer service inquiries, comments and history);
• device information;
• photographs, comments and other content you provide;
• information regarding your personal or professional interests, date of birth, anniversary date, demographics (such as gender, occupation, income and marital status), experiences with our products, and shopping and contact preferences;
• social media information;
• contact information you provide about friends or other people you would like us to contact; and information we may obtain from our third‐party service providers.
In addition, when you visit our Website, open our emails, use our apps or interact with our related tools, widgets or plug‐ins, we may collect certain information by automated means, such as cookies, web beacons and web server logs. The information we collect in this manner may include your IP address, unique device identifier, browser characteristics, domain and other system settings, search queries, device characteristics, operating system type, language preferences, referring URLs, actions taken on our site, dates and times of website visits, metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. Through these automated collection methods, we obtain data, which is a log of the links and other content on which a visitor clicks while browsing a website. We may link certain data elements we have collected through automated means, such as your browser information, with other information we have obtained about you for the purposes described below, and to let us know, for example, whether you have opened an email we sent to you. While you can change your cookies settings in your browser, please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Website.
In addition, we may use local shared objects to collect and store information about your preferences and how you interact with our Websites and Apps. These technologies help us recognize you, customize or personalize your shopping experience, store items in your online shopping cart between visits, and analyze the use of our services and solutions to make them more useful to you. These technologies also allow us to aggregate demographic and statistical data and compilations of information, which may include personal information and share this information with our business partners and service providers that provide products and services to us.
We may also offer internet‐based advertising programs on our Website through third‐party services selectively display ads based on browsing history.
We or our partners also may collect information about the location of the mobile device or tablet used to access the Website (“Location Data”). Location Data includes: (a) the location of the mobile device or tablet derived from GPS or WiFi use; (b) the IP address of the mobile device or tablet or internet service used to access the Website; and (c) other information made available by a user or others that indicates the current or prior location of the user, such as geotag information in photographs. When you connect with social media through the Website, you may link with social media platforms and social media plug‐ins (e.g., the Facebook “Like” button, “Share to Twitter” button) (collectively, “Social Media”). When accessing services through a Facebook or other Social Media account, we may (depending on the applicable user privacy settings) automatically have access to information provided to or through the Social Media platform. We may collect and use this information for the purposes described in this Policy or at the time the information is collected.
Information collected directly by the third-party providers of the features is subject to the privacy policies or notices of these providers. We are not responsible for these providers’ information and privacy practices.
Information we collect will only be used as described in this Policy. If you choose not to provide certain information, we may not be able to provide you with requested products, services or information.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information described above in one or more of the following ways, and we may seek specific consent prior to such use, depending on your jurisdiction:
• to provide our Website and its contents to you;
• to provide requested products and services including, as applicable, order confirmation, billing, and delivering products or services;
• to process and track orders;
• to respond to comments, questions, or concerns;
• to prevent and detect fraud and other unlawful activity, claims and other liabilities;
• to improve or develop new services and product offerings;
• to identify, offer, and contact you with personalized content and advertising, including newsletters, articles, product or service alerts, new product or service announcements, savings awards, event invitations, and other information;
• to conduct market research, surveys, and similar inquiries to help us understand trends and customer needs across product categories or customer groups;
• to alert you about a product safety announcement or recall or correction of an offer, promotion, or advertisement;
• to enroll you in loyalty or other programs, and enter you into sweepstakes and promotions or contact you regarding a contest prize;
• to keep a record of our interactions with you if you place an order or otherwise deal with our representatives over the telephone or online;
• to notify you of changes to our Website or any products or services we offer;
• for marketing and promotional purposes;
• to verify and validate your identity to reduce credit risk and manage collections;
• to ensure that your shopping experience is as easy and pleasant as possible;
• to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights; and to comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations and our policies.
We may also use the information in other ways for which we describe at the time of collection.
In addition, we may use information collected through cookies, web beacons, pixels, web server logs and other automated means for purposes such as (a) customizing our users’ visits to our Website, (b) delivering content tailored to our users’ interests and the manner in which our users browse our Website, and (c) managing our Website and other aspects of our business. To the extent required by applicable law, we will obtain your consent before collecting information using cookies or similar automated means.
We may use third-party analytics services on our websites and apps, such as those of the following:
– Google Analytics
The analytics providers that administer these services use technologies such as cookies, web server logs and web beacons to help us analyze your use of our Website. The information collected through these means (including IP address) may be used by these analytics providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate the use of the Website.
On our Website, we may collect information about your online activities for use in providing you with advertising about products and services tailored to your individual interests. We also may obtain information for this purpose from third‐party websites on which our ads are served. This section of our Policy provides details and explains how to exercise your choices.
You may see our ads on other websites because we use third-party ad networks, such as the following, to serve our ads:
Through such ad networks, we can target our messaging to users through demographic, interest-based and contextual means. We may also use our own cookies to serve you relevant advertising from which you can opt-out of by clicking here. We can track your online activities over time by collecting information through automated means, including through the use of first and third-party cookies, web server logs, pixels and web beacons. The networks use this information to show you advertisements that may be tailored to your individual interests. The information our ad networks may collect on our behalf includes data about your visits to websites that serve our advertisements, such as the pages or advertisements you view and the actions you take on the websites. This data collection takes place both on our Website and on third-party websites that participate in these ad networks. This process also helps us track the effectiveness of our marketing efforts.
Information We Share
We do not disclose personal information we collect about you, except as described in this Policy. We may share personal information with service providers who perform services on our behalf. These service providers are permitted to use or disclose the information only as necessary to perform services on our behalf or comply with legal requirements. Examples of these service providers include entities that process credit card payments, manage and reduce our credit risk, verify information, fulfill orders, and provide web hosting, analytics, and marketing services. We also may share your personal information with our affiliates and joint marketing partners for the purposes described in this Policy.
We may also share information or data in a form that cannot be used to uniquely identify or contact an individual person (“non-personal information”). We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose this non-personal information for any purpose. Non-personal information that we collect may include information regarding your activities on the Website, which may be aggregated and used to help us provide more useful information to our customers and to understand which parts of the Website are of most interest.